Full-time and part-time Practical Nursing programs are offered through TCAT-Paris. However, the part-time program is only available at the Paris campus.
The mission of the Practical Nursing Program is to provide students with the knowledge and skill to enable them to become successful members of today's health care workforce. Students will be prepared for lifelong learning in order to meet the ever-changing challenges of the community and the state.
The program consists of classroom, laboratory time, and clinical practice. Students progress through selected learning experiences, correlating theory with practice under the guidance of qualified faculty. Career opportunities include work in hospitals, nursing homes, home health agencies, doctors' offices and industrial nursing.
|Time Commitment||Full Time, Part Time|
|Typical Program Length||12 Months|
|Class Type||Day, Night|
Before You Apply, You Need to Know This:
Successful entrance test scores are required before an applicant can submit an application packet.
There are two ways to report entrance test scores.
1. For those applicants under the age of 20 at the time of application, you may submit official ACT test scores if you have a 19 or greater in the Math and Reading portions of the test. Contact the Student Services office at 731-644-7365 for instructions on how to submit these scores.
2. You must pass the HESI A2 admission exam. There is a $40 testing fee for the HESI, which is given monthly except for December (See schedule below). Once you have successfully passed the Reading and Math portions with a 70 percent, you will be given an application packet to complete and submit. Only after the completed application packet has been submitted will you be placed on the active wait list.
Items you will need to include in the packet are:
- High School/GED transcript
- Proof of 2 immunizations for both the MMR and Varicella
Applicants must be capable of passing a physical examination by a licensed physician or other approved health care professional. Applicants must be able to pass a drug screen and national background check. Applicants will be notified by the school when these must be conducted .
Upon acceptance to the program, applicants will be invited to attend a group orientation meeting with the Student Services Department and Nursing Director.
Program start dates vary by location:
- Paris full-time: January
- Camden full-time: May
- Dresden full-time: September
- Paris part-time: Every 20 months (May 2021)
|Test Dates||Sign-Up Dates|
|February 9 & 11||
February 2, 2021
|March 16 & 18||March 2, 2021|
|April 13||April 6, 2021|
|May 18 & 20||May 11, 2021|
|June 8 & 10||June 3, 2021|
|July 20 & 22||
July 13, 2021
August 3, 2021
|September 21 & 23||
September 14, 2021
|October 19 & 21||October 12, 2021|
|November 16 & 18||Nov 9, 2021|
|December – No test dates||December – No test dates|
Please call 731-644-7365 on the sign-up date to register for the monthly test. You must be prepared with a debit or credit card to make payments over the phone. Cash is accepted in the business office. No checks are accepted. Once spot is secured with payment, no refunds are issued.
152 North Forrest Avenue
Camden, TN 38320
8250 Hwy 22
Dresden, TN 38225
312 South Wilson Street
Paris, TN 38242