Find A Program
Review the programs of study and any program-specific admission requirements.
Complete the FAFSA to apply for the Pell grant, TN Promise scholarship, the TN Reconnect and the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant.
Student Services Office
312 South Wilson Street
Paris, TN 38242
731-644-7365 Ext 151
General Admission Requirements
- Program enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis by date of completed application. (A completed application includes all items required for enrollment.)
- Persons seeking admission to a college must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent. For full-time programs, the applicant must declare an occupational objective and demonstrate reasonable potential for achieving that objective.
- All persons who are required to register for the Federal Draft under 50 U.S.C. App. Section 453 are not eligible to enroll in any post-secondary school until they have registered with selective service.
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
Educational and admission requirements vary from program to program.
Admission requirements include submitting a Practical Nursing application, attaining a minimum score of 70 in reading and math on the HESI A2 Assessment test, submitting a copy of high school or GED transcript, submitting one letter of recommendation, submitting a letter stating why you want to be a nurse, providing proof of 2 immunizations for MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) and Varicella (chickenpox). Exemptions may apply. Additional admission requirements for all health related classes include proof of protection against Hepatitis B, which is a three-part series of vaccinations that must have begun prior to your first day of enrollment. Upon acceptance to the program, applicants will be invited to attend a group orientation meeting with the Allied Health Coordinator. Prior to enrollment, a health record (physician's exam report) and the criminal background check must be completed.
Program start dates vary by location:
- Paris full-time: January
- Camden full-time: May
- Dresden full-time: September
- Paris part-time: Every 20 months
Early Childhood Education
Individuals who are employed in a licensed facility must meet several requirements to be included in the teacher to child ratio as determined by the Department of Human Services daycare licensing laws. Some of those requirements may vary according to the center type. However, two requirements that will remain the same are: 1) Must undergo fingerprinting for a criminal background check; and 2) Must hold a high school diploma/GED.
Admission into the Cosmetology program requires each applicant to have completed and passed the 10th grade or scored at least 450 on the GED.
Prerequisites for the instructor trainee supplemental certificate include a high school diploma and a current Cosmetology license.