Applying to a TCAT
Find A Program
Review the programs of study and any program-specific admission requirements.
Complete the FAFSA to apply for the Pell grant, TN Promise scholarship, the TN Reconnect and the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant.
Student Services Office
312 South Wilson Street
Paris, TN 38242
731-644-7365 Ext 151
General Admission Requirements
- Program enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis by date of completed application. (A completed application includes all items required for enrollment.)
- Persons seeking admission to a college must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent. For full-time programs, the applicant must declare an occupational objective and demonstrate reasonable potential for achieving that objective.
- All persons who are required to register for the Federal Draft under 50 U.S.C. App. Section 453 are not eligible to enroll in any post-secondary school until they have registered with selective service.
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
Educational and admission requirements vary from program to program.
Before You Apply, You Need to Know This:
You must pass the HESI A2 admission exam before you may submit an application packet. There is a $40 testing fee for the HESI, which is given monthly except for December (See schedule below). Once you have successfully passed the Reading and Math portions with a 70 percent, you will be given an application packet to complete and submit. Only after the completed application packet has been submitted will you be placed on the active wait list.
Items you will need to include in the packet are:
- High School/GED transcript
- Proof of 2 immunizations for both the MMR and Varicella
Applicants must be capable of passing a physical examination by a licensed physician or other approved health care professional. Applicants must be able to pass a drug screen and national background check. Applicants will be notified by the school when these must be conducted .
Upon acceptance to the program, applicants will be invited to attend a group orientation meeting with the Student Services Department and Nursing Director.
Program start dates vary by location:
- Paris full-time: January
- Camden full-time: May
- Dresden full-time: September
- Paris part-time: Every 20 months
|Test Dates||Sign-Up Dates|
|November 10 or 12, 2020||November 3, 2020|
|December 2020-NO TEST||December 2020-NO TEST|
|January 19 & 21, 2021||January 12, 2021|
|February 9 & 11||
February 2, 2021
|March 16 & 18||March 2, 2021|
|April 13||April 6, 2021|
|May 18 & 20||May 11, 2021|
|June 8 & 10||June 3, 2021|
|July 20 & 22||
July 13, 2021
August 3, 2021
|September 21 & 23||
September 14, 2021
|October 19 & 21||October 12, 2021|
|November 16 & 18||Nov 9, 2021|
|December – No test dates||December – No test dates|
Please call 731-644-7563 on the Sign-up date to register for the monthly test. You must be prepared with a debit or credit card to make payments over the phone. Cash is accepted in the business office. No checks are accepted.
Admission into the Cosmetology program requires each applicant to have completed and passed the 10th grade or scored at least 450 on the GED. Applicants must provide a transcript.
Prerequisites for the instructor trainee supplemental certificate include a high school diploma and a current Cosmetology license.