Applying to a TCAT
Find A Program
Review the programs of study and any program-specific admission requirements.
Complete the FAFSA to apply for the Pell grant, TN Promise scholarship, the TN Reconnect and the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant.
Student Services Office
312 South Wilson Street
Paris, TN 38242
731-644-7365 Ext 151
General Admission Requirements
- Program enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis by date of completed application. (A completed application includes all items required for enrollment.)
- Persons seeking admission to a college must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent. For full-time programs, the applicant must declare an occupational objective and demonstrate reasonable potential for achieving that objective.
- All persons who are required to register for the Federal Draft under 50 U.S.C. App. Section 453 are not eligible to enroll in any post-secondary school until they have registered with selective service.
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
Educational and admission requirements vary from program to program.
Admission requirements include submitting a Practical Nursing application, attaining a minimum score of 70 in reading and math on the HESI A2 Assessment test, submitting a copy of high school or GED transcript, and providing proof of 2 immunizations for MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) and Varicella (chickenpox). Upon acceptance to the program, applicants will be invited to attend a group orientation meeting with the Allied Health Coordinator. Prior to enrollment, a health record (physician's exam report) and the criminal background check must be completed.
Program start dates vary by location:
- Paris full-time: January
- Camden full-time: May
- Dresden full-time: September
- Paris part-time: Every 20 months
Admission into the Cosmetology program requires each applicant to have completed and passed the 10th grade or scored at least 450 on the GED. Applicants must provide a transcript.
Prerequisites for the instructor trainee supplemental certificate include a high school diploma and a current Cosmetology license.