DIRECTOR OF PRACTICAL NURSING
BSN degree; 5 years of hospital clinical experience and current unencumbered RN license, State of Tennessee;
3 years teaching experience in the nursing field; administrative and/or managerial supervision experience of nurses; good computer and communication skills; knowledge of current State of Tennessee Board of Nursing rules/regulations; Master’s degree in nursing (MSN) preferred.
- Coordinate the following programs: Practical Nursing and other nursing related programs that may be developed.
- Recruit, orient, counsel, evaluate, and teach students.
- Staff the department, train, evaluate, and supervise faculty and staff.
- Assign teaching and non-teaching loads, assist with teaching, and act as a mediator between students and teachers.
- Prepare annual reports for accrediting bodies and maintain records for the department of nursing.
- Provide leadership in teaching, service, research, clinical practice and developmental tasks to the department.
- Director of Nursing will report to Director of TCAT-Paris.
- Manage all Nursing Programs at TCAT locations in: Paris, Dresden and Camden.
- Organize and ensure advisory meetings are conducted according to policy.
- Maintain completion, placement, and licensure standards of COE, TN Board of Nursing, and TCAT-Paris.
- Work with area healthcare facilities to secure clinical sites.
- Identify equipment needs.
- Work with appropriate administrative personnel to develop adequate program budgets.
- Develop, review, and update curricula and instructional material with faculty to ensure adherence to all applicable regulatory or accreditation standards.
- Ensure clinical contracts are current.
- Facilitate professional development programs for assigned faculty.
- Coordinate First Aid and CPR activities for faculty, staff, and students.
- Compile, revise and publish the Practical Nursing Handbook and related manuals and brochures on a timely basis.
- Administer policies and procedures established by TBR/ TCAT and participates in College and departmental policy development.
- Provide remedial referrals and services for students.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director.
Review of applications will begin upon receipt and will continue until the position is filled. All interested applicants should submit an official employment application, cover letter, resume, college transcripts, and letters of reference to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Paris, 312 South Wilson Street, Paris, TN 38242
The TCAT-Paris does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities.