Please call 731-644-7365 on the sign-up date to register for the monthly test. You must be prepared with a debit or credit card to make payments over the phone. Cash is accepted in the business office. No checks are accepted. Once spot is secured with payment, no refunds are issued.
HESI Test Prep Resources:
For help with prepping for the HESI, try googling “hesi test prep help”. Several students have told me that testguide.com has really good free practice tests and there are a couple of other good sites also, go to:
HESI A2 Practice Test (Prep for the HESI A2 Test) (testprepreview.com)
Welcome to LearningExpress Library™ (learningexpresshub.com)
Reading Comprehension help, go to:
Free Online Reading Comprehension Exercises (englishmaven.org)
Study Skills Guide: Improve Reading Comprehension Skills (educationcorner.com)
If you need help with Math, go to:
You can also Google “nurses math help” and all kinds of resources will pop up or go to YOUTUBE and view a tutorial on the area in which you need help.
Please note this information came from suggested nurse’s math websites and from student comments. Each test draws from a huge database of questions that are different for every student. You could have questions on all the kinds of math subjects below or only a few of them. Following are the kinds of math that students and various educational websites say are covered by Allied Health entry exams:
• Light algebra
• Convert from one system of measure to another using the metric, apothecary and household
measurement system - example: gm to mg, mg to mcg, liters to quarts, ounces to pints, grams
to ounces to pounds, cc to tbsp., etc. (try googling nurses math and Systems of Measurement
and Approximate Equivalents)
• Convert decimal to fraction
• Convert decimal to ratio
• Convert decimals to percents.
• Convert percents to decimals.
• Add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers.
• Add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions.
• Add, subtract, multiply and divide decimals.
• Set up and solve ratio and proportion problems.
• Convert fraction to decimal
• Rounding off decimals
• Improper and mixed fractions
• Military time
• Probability expressed as a percent
• Ratios and Proportions
• Ratio multiplication and subtraction
• Solve the equation
• Word-fraction vs. decimal
• Metric system
• Roman Numerals